The Standard Filterra® System is similar in concept to bio-retention in its function and applications but has been optimised for high volume/flow treatment and high pollutant removal. Its small footprint allows it to be used on highly developed sites such as landscaped areas, parking lots and streetscapes.
Filterra® is exceedingly adaptable and can be used alone or in combination with other BMPs.
Stormwater runoff enters the Standard Filterra System through a kerb-inlet opening and flows through a specially designed filter media mixture contained in a landscaped concrete container.
The filter media captures and immobilises pollutants; those pollutants are then decomposed, volatilised and incorporated into the biomass of the Filterra® system’s micro/macro fauna and flora. Stormwater runoff flows through the media and into an underdrain system at the bottom of the container, where the treated water is discharged.
Filterra® Key Benefits
- Offers the most cost-effective stormwater treatment system, featuring low-cost, easy installation and simple maintenance
- Meets regulatory requirements for pollutant removal under TAPE and TARP testing
- Enhances the appearance of your site, while removing pollutants
- Maintenance is simple and safe, with no confined space access
- across the country
- Ideal for both new construction and urban retrofits, streetscapes, parking lots, day-lighted roof drains, highways and industrial settings