There are a significant amount of Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) systems across Australia, but the issue is that there have been compliance issues throughout their lifecycle. Due to this, Ocean Protect has started the National WSUD Compliance Working Group.
This group is looking to bring a range of industry stakeholders together to work towards improving WSUD compliance. The first project for this group is the development of the WSUD Maintenance Compliance Framework. This Framework will provide information and material that Councils will likely need to implement a WSUD maintenance compliance program that will ensure maintenance of WSUD assets occurs in their local government area.
For more information about the National WSUD Compliance Working Group or WSUD Maintenance Compliance Framework, please visit: wsudcompliance.com.au
Benefits of a WSUD Maintenance Compliance Program
- Environmental: cleaner waterways, healthier ecosystems, and much more
- Health: less exposure to pollutants in our waterways and environment
- Safety: reduced flooding, less hazardous materials, safer infrastructure, and much more
- Economic: reduce spending on potable water, increase values of homes, creation of local jobs, and much more
- Legal: properties and Councils meet their legal requirements
What you can do now
While the National WSUD Compliance Working Group work on the WSUD Maintenance Compliance Framework, you can start working towards your very own WSUD maintenance compliance program. To find out how, visit wsudcompliance.com.au or fill in the below form and we will get back to you.