The Big Picture
This is your opportunity to help keep our oceans and waterways clean.
Ocean Protect is a national company with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. We have invested more than 20 years in becoming an industry leader in the development, delivery and maintenance of innovative efficient site-specific stormwater runoff solutions.
This is a professional design engineering role focused on providing Ocean Protect’s internal and external customers with the best practice design solutions. This function requires close liaison within our multidisciplinary team of internal presales engineers, engineering and production personnel.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Design Engineer will be responsible for providing high quality stormwater models and designs to facilitate the specification, costing, planning and delivery of state of the art stormwater management systems into drainage networks that adhere to the specific regulations of the relevant governing body.
The role will require the use of AutoCAD and MUSIC (training offered) modelling software.
The successful Design Engineer will:
- Have 0 – 4 years experience.
- Work in a highly integrated multidisciplinary national team requiring excellent communication skills and a team player approach.
- Preferably have experience in stormwater / wastewater projects.
- Have at least 2-3 years engineering design skill experience in the use of AutoCAD and if possible stormwater modelling software MUSIC (training offered).
- Ensure specifications and designs are in compliance with all applicable Local/State/federal codes and regulations, and in accordance to all acceptable engineering practices.
- Maintain active communication with contractors, engineers, surveyors, and government agencies for any engineering, surveying or construction issues.
- Represent Ocean Protect in a professional manner at events, conferences and client sites.
- Train, learn and coordinate with internal engineering and technical support staff.
- Develop a close working relationship with the Engineering Manager and the rest of the team.
- Have the opportunity to build upon your existing skills.
This role is ultimately responsible for modelling and completing stormwater quality designs for Ocean Protect products and services.
Compulsory Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering or related engineering field
- Previous design experience.
- A positive work attitude and a drive to succeed.
Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Ability to understand and follow complex written and oral instructions.
- Demonstrate ability to decipher information and employ strategies to appropriately problem solve.
- Ability to clearly communicate information both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices and methods preferably as applicable to Storm Water Drainage Systems.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public works engineering and Storm Water Drainage System operations.
- Ability to retrieve and understand the current codes and regulatory standards governing the regional engineering activities of storm water construction, renovations and maintenance projects.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and experience with drafting software such as AutoCAD and water modelling tools like Music
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Ocean Protect personnel, management, contractors, consultants and client. Whether working in the office or remotely.
Where are we & work from home
The work is based in our Sydney Prestons office, although travel to client sites may be required from time to time.
After successful completion of the 6-month probation period and necessary training, Ocean Protect encourages a flexible working environment in allowing staff to work part of the week from their place of choice.
Ocean Protect over the years has undergone significant growth and expansion. As an important member of a small and highly skilled team, you will have the drive and commitment to “make it happen” working closely with the company’s Engineering Manager, industry partners and internal engineering personnel.
A position brief will be forwarded to you on application.
Please email your resume to email@example.com